Skip to main content

Menu Monday

There's something about blogging that begs for alliteration.  Corny, I know.  But, I like.
  
Menu Monday, 'cos I talkin' about menus on a Monday.  And not Monday Menu because that just looks like I forgot my "apostrophe s" and this post is not only about Monday's menu.

So, here's to Menu Monday!!

Al-righty then.  (Hmmm... too Jim Carey-ish you think?  Whatevs.)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Here's a snap shot of last week's menu (meals and snacks) here at the Ag May household.  


Sausages and chips (made from our home grown potatoes)


Lamb and Haloumi Braise with mashed potatoes

Garlic and Pesto Salmon with Furikaki rice and vegetables

Sour Cream Pound Cake (I'm still addicted to this!)

Chocolate Chip Cookies (can you smell it?)

Granola Bars (ohh - is that a healthy snack you see???)

We also had some divine (and I mean DIVINE) eye-fillet steak, rubbed with an Argentine Steak rub accompanied by greens and a glorious 3-ingredient pasta.  But I was so hungry and it was so good, I pretty much finished my first serve before I sat down at the dinner table and just forgot to take a photo.

For this coming week I'm thinking Shepherds Pie.  I'm thinking Aros Caldo (chicken rice - Filipino style) or maybe a Chicken curry (again Filipino style).  I'm thinking Honey Butter pork.  I'm thinking of a fish dish - maybe try a new fish recipe.  And what to have for vegetarian night?  Hmmm....

What's on your menu this week?

Until the next time - Guten Appetit!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

"Finding much life and beauty among the ordinary things of our day"... 10 photos over 10 hours - a snapshot of the beauty in my sometimes-ordinary-sometimes-hectic- sometimes-overwhelming-sometimes-good-sometimes-bad-but-always-filled-with-love life.  Thanks for dropping by! Good Morning, mama! Strong hands; precious cargo Got to love me a well-organised, rubbish-free art box! Good nap, lil' sis?  Wanna come out to play? Let's get ready for lunch Inspired to bake something yet, mama? Sleep, my little one.  Rest well and get better soon. A little Iced Coffee, sweetened with life's elixir - sweetened condensed milk - to get me through the rest of the day New skills and new discoveries An organized toy bucket - be still my anal obsessive heart For a glimpse of beautiful lives across the world (thanks to digital cameras and that wonderful sharing community that is "bloggers"), please head on over to Rebe...

Monkey See; Monkey Do

I was just monkeying around the kitchen... I had some dough leftover from baking dinner rolls and cinnamon buns (yeah - it was alot of dough!) and I had seen this idea from the Pioneer Woman previously.  Cinnamon, butter, sugar and a dash of sweetened condensed milk - yes please!!!  Ok, so maybe, just maybe, I accidentally on purpose put some dough aside just so I could indulge in this .... well, indulgence. And what an indulgence - worse still, an easy indulgence as I already had the dough.  Caramelised cinnamon sugar with a bit of bread covered with sweetened condensed milk.  I don't think I really need to say more. And, in honour of Father's Day, we had special "WE heart DADDY" pancakes... ok ok - I ran out of time, energy and ideas this year.  (Note to self - try harder next year!) Don't mock the banana - at $12.99/kg this is a real treat.  Unfortunately Daddy was too slow and Little Miss M took it and ate it.  It might be Fat...

Tuesday's Treat : Shanghai Street Dumpling House

Shanghai Street Dumpling House 342 Little Bourke St Upon the recommendation of jetsettingjoyce , I decided to treat myself to some dumplings for lunch one day.   The day was stinking hot, the location was a not-so-short-walk-but-too-short-for-a-tram away, but I was determined.   And my determination and brief walk paid off.    Seated alone by the window bar, I ordered the mini fried buns and boiled pork dumplings.   The view was essential Melbourne with old buildings towered by new (ish, anyway), and small non-descript laneways hiding a treasure trove of glorious food and eclectic shops.   Shanghai Street Dumpling House is a small diner-like eatery like many other Asian eateries around Melbourne.  Limited seating is available, but the turn around of customers was quick from what I could observe, so the wait did not seem long for a table.  Service is fast and efficient.  Cash only.  Really – a no fuss place.  The...