Skip to main content

Mission Statement

Hey everyone!  I’ve been thinking about my blog and what it is that inspires me to blog. 

And here’s the deal… I like to write; I like to have an outlet for my thoughts (especially since I have a lot of them – like keeping track of where the number plates are up to and what ever happened to the series of number plates starting with G, H, I, J, K and L and maybe M but I’m not so sure about that one and yes, it’s just another rambling thought).

Eh, excuse me, back on topic.

Oh yeah, and I like to think that my thoughts and activities might be of use to someone some time somewhere.  Maybe even of use to me at a later date if I’m in need of inspiration.

I originally started to blog, amongst other reasons, to document my journey into the crafts.  And now, I’ve started to view crafting as an extension to how I view my life and how I want to live at this point in our life.  So, I’m changing the focus of my blog and I hope that you can come along this journey with me.

Simplify; create; beautify.  Enjoy.

Simplify my life
Simplify my needs
Simplify my thoughts
Create stuff
Create health
Beautify our lives
Beautify one self
Beautify our home
And then, along the way, enjoy – enjoy the process, enjoy the results.


 Thanks for dropping by!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

"Finding much life and beauty among the ordinary things of our day"... 10 photos over 10 hours - a snapshot of the beauty in my sometimes-ordinary-sometimes-hectic- sometimes-overwhelming-sometimes-good-sometimes-bad-but-always-filled-with-love life.  Thanks for dropping by! Good Morning, mama! Strong hands; precious cargo Got to love me a well-organised, rubbish-free art box! Good nap, lil' sis?  Wanna come out to play? Let's get ready for lunch Inspired to bake something yet, mama? Sleep, my little one.  Rest well and get better soon. A little Iced Coffee, sweetened with life's elixir - sweetened condensed milk - to get me through the rest of the day New skills and new discoveries An organized toy bucket - be still my anal obsessive heart For a glimpse of beautiful lives across the world (thanks to digital cameras and that wonderful sharing community that is "bloggers"), please head on over to Rebe

Show some empathy

I'm a real killjoy when it comes to the Royal Melbourne Show.  It's just not my cup of tea.  I'm thinking it's been a couple of decades (nothing makes you feel older than this word, eh?), yep DECADES I'm sure, since I've been to the show.  It's expensive and there's nowhere to sit in the shade and it's expensive and it smells and it's pretty expensive (have I already said that?) especially when the only thing I want to do there is ride on the dodgem cars.   So, I'm the last person you would want with you at the show.  I am an RMS scrooge. Well, this year Little Miss M is heading off to the show with her dad and her grandma.  "Would you like to go to the show this year, love?" asks Dear Husband as he is purchasing the tickets online. "No thanks" I reply without missing a beat.  And then I start muttering to myself about how expensive it is, and how I really don't like the show, and how they probably

My Little Ray of Sunshine

The hardest part of sewing, for me, is choosing fabrics.  There is so much gorgeous fabric out there and finding the right combination is agonising.  AG-ON-IS-ING!!!!! What colour palette do I like?  What prints will go with what prints?  Are they too matchy-matchy?  Do they blend too much?  Will the pattern show on a smaller item?  Will the person like it?  Does it suit them?  Is it elegant/retro/vintage/childish/adult enough?  AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! And the worst part - I don't normally subscribe to pink; I don't have many clothes that are pink or furnishings that are pink or stuff that is pink but I'm always drawn to the pink palette when it come to fabrics.  Sometimes I hate my taste. And so, it is with great pride, that I present this skirt that I made - in Yellow and Orange!  No pink in sight. And my delightful Little Miss M has named it her Sunshine skirt.  How lovely is that! The nitty-gritty details... This skirt was made using Oliver + S Hopscotc