Skip to main content

And now the fun begins

Just a short note - Baby M is home!!!  She was given the all clear and came home one sunny (slightly chilly) morning.  And what a homecoming - she slept.  She slept so much that I was able to make a quilt cover for Little Miss M (picture to follow in a different post).

Of course - overnight was a different story and I got to know Baby M very well in the wee hours of the morning!

I have to say, my little girl - Little Miss M - has been a real trooper through this whole experience.  I'm sure she is going through an emotional roller coaster ride at the moment, but she is trying REALLY HARD to be a good girl and a great big sister.  Even at her worst so far, Little Miss M is coping well.

I'm so proud of you, Little Miss M!  I can't begin to imagine what is going on in that sweet mind of yours, but you're doing really well with all the changes.  I couldn't ask any more from you.




Times are a-changin', aren't they?  I am struggling to find a good balance between getting to know Baby M and ensuring Little Miss M is not missing out on anything (food, attention, clean underwear).  I feel guilty enough thinking this, so please don't shoot me for writing this, but, as I struggle, I do miss the "three of us" family.  It was just a lot easier.  I remember having the luxury of giving Little Miss M all of my attention when she was just a newborn.  And I feel like I'm missing out on Little Miss M at this glorious age.  I know there will come a time that I can enjoy both of my girls equally (and with energy), but right now I feel like I am sacrificing one for the other.  ** sigh **

Oh yes - and I'm stressing about not having a camera as it is currently out for a service.  It's all about timing... I was supposed to have a few more weeks!!!  So there is a distinct lack of photos at the moment.

Enough of that - I have my two girls with me now (and my Dear Husband) - and that is a blessing in itself.  Welcome Home, Baby M!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

"Finding much life and beauty among the ordinary things of our day"... 10 photos over 10 hours - a snapshot of the beauty in my sometimes-ordinary-sometimes-hectic- sometimes-overwhelming-sometimes-good-sometimes-bad-but-always-filled-with-love life.  Thanks for dropping by! Good Morning, mama! Strong hands; precious cargo Got to love me a well-organised, rubbish-free art box! Good nap, lil' sis?  Wanna come out to play? Let's get ready for lunch Inspired to bake something yet, mama? Sleep, my little one.  Rest well and get better soon. A little Iced Coffee, sweetened with life's elixir - sweetened condensed milk - to get me through the rest of the day New skills and new discoveries An organized toy bucket - be still my anal obsessive heart For a glimpse of beautiful lives across the world (thanks to digital cameras and that wonderful sharing community that is "bloggers"), please head on over to Rebe...

Monkey See; Monkey Do

I was just monkeying around the kitchen... I had some dough leftover from baking dinner rolls and cinnamon buns (yeah - it was alot of dough!) and I had seen this idea from the Pioneer Woman previously.  Cinnamon, butter, sugar and a dash of sweetened condensed milk - yes please!!!  Ok, so maybe, just maybe, I accidentally on purpose put some dough aside just so I could indulge in this .... well, indulgence. And what an indulgence - worse still, an easy indulgence as I already had the dough.  Caramelised cinnamon sugar with a bit of bread covered with sweetened condensed milk.  I don't think I really need to say more. And, in honour of Father's Day, we had special "WE heart DADDY" pancakes... ok ok - I ran out of time, energy and ideas this year.  (Note to self - try harder next year!) Don't mock the banana - at $12.99/kg this is a real treat.  Unfortunately Daddy was too slow and Little Miss M took it and ate it.  It might be Fat...

Tuesday's Treat : Shanghai Street Dumpling House

Shanghai Street Dumpling House 342 Little Bourke St Upon the recommendation of jetsettingjoyce , I decided to treat myself to some dumplings for lunch one day.   The day was stinking hot, the location was a not-so-short-walk-but-too-short-for-a-tram away, but I was determined.   And my determination and brief walk paid off.    Seated alone by the window bar, I ordered the mini fried buns and boiled pork dumplings.   The view was essential Melbourne with old buildings towered by new (ish, anyway), and small non-descript laneways hiding a treasure trove of glorious food and eclectic shops.   Shanghai Street Dumpling House is a small diner-like eatery like many other Asian eateries around Melbourne.  Limited seating is available, but the turn around of customers was quick from what I could observe, so the wait did not seem long for a table.  Service is fast and efficient.  Cash only.  Really – a no fuss place.  The...