Skip to main content

Try not to shriek...

when the balloon pops!

But first, something that is on my mind... Little Miss M was a wee bit sick this weekend and was unable to attend a birthday party.  A pretty cool one at a local miniature railway park.  As we were unable to attend, I drove by the birthday boy's house, Master B, to drop off our present, something for afternoon tea and apologise for our last minute non-attendance.  In return for my visit, I scored a party bag for Little Miss M.  And how she loved her party bag!!!  Little Miss M's eyes twinkled with every little treat that was carefully pulled out of the party bag - a set of pencils, a couple of Freddo Frogs, a couple of football shaped chocolates, a cupcake and a few more little bits.  And then my sweet, sweet, sweet Little Miss M wanted to give Master B a call to sing him a Happy Birthday and to say thank-you for the party bag.  I was/am so proud of my little girl for her thoughtfulness.

But for some reason, Little Miss M's pure enjoyment in this party bag made me feel like the stingiest mom around who has been depriving her little girl from - something (I don't know what).  I have to mull over this...

Now back to the original topic... my Mother's Day present was BALLOONS!  And look what I have been practicing ever since.  This was supposed to be something that I could add to my mom-repertoire, but I can see this developing into something that is for me that has a side benefit of pleasing my little ones particularly at birthday parties.  Every time I churned out a successful balloon model, I was tickled-pink.  No other way to describe the feeling except tickled-pink.

I've tried a few other models since and practiced these ones again, but here are my initial attempts.



Comments

  1. Is the new job that you mentioned in the previous post being a clown? heheh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

"Finding much life and beauty among the ordinary things of our day"... 10 photos over 10 hours - a snapshot of the beauty in my sometimes-ordinary-sometimes-hectic- sometimes-overwhelming-sometimes-good-sometimes-bad-but-always-filled-with-love life.  Thanks for dropping by! Good Morning, mama! Strong hands; precious cargo Got to love me a well-organised, rubbish-free art box! Good nap, lil' sis?  Wanna come out to play? Let's get ready for lunch Inspired to bake something yet, mama? Sleep, my little one.  Rest well and get better soon. A little Iced Coffee, sweetened with life's elixir - sweetened condensed milk - to get me through the rest of the day New skills and new discoveries An organized toy bucket - be still my anal obsessive heart For a glimpse of beautiful lives across the world (thanks to digital cameras and that wonderful sharing community that is "bloggers"), please head on over to Rebe

Monkey See; Monkey Do

I was just monkeying around the kitchen... I had some dough leftover from baking dinner rolls and cinnamon buns (yeah - it was alot of dough!) and I had seen this idea from the Pioneer Woman previously.  Cinnamon, butter, sugar and a dash of sweetened condensed milk - yes please!!!  Ok, so maybe, just maybe, I accidentally on purpose put some dough aside just so I could indulge in this .... well, indulgence. And what an indulgence - worse still, an easy indulgence as I already had the dough.  Caramelised cinnamon sugar with a bit of bread covered with sweetened condensed milk.  I don't think I really need to say more. And, in honour of Father's Day, we had special "WE heart DADDY" pancakes... ok ok - I ran out of time, energy and ideas this year.  (Note to self - try harder next year!) Don't mock the banana - at $12.99/kg this is a real treat.  Unfortunately Daddy was too slow and Little Miss M took it and ate it.  It might be Father's Da

Show some empathy

I'm a real killjoy when it comes to the Royal Melbourne Show.  It's just not my cup of tea.  I'm thinking it's been a couple of decades (nothing makes you feel older than this word, eh?), yep DECADES I'm sure, since I've been to the show.  It's expensive and there's nowhere to sit in the shade and it's expensive and it smells and it's pretty expensive (have I already said that?) especially when the only thing I want to do there is ride on the dodgem cars.   So, I'm the last person you would want with you at the show.  I am an RMS scrooge. Well, this year Little Miss M is heading off to the show with her dad and her grandma.  "Would you like to go to the show this year, love?" asks Dear Husband as he is purchasing the tickets online. "No thanks" I reply without missing a beat.  And then I start muttering to myself about how expensive it is, and how I really don't like the show, and how they probably