Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Balls Up

But only in that I wish I had discovered much earlier how easy it was to make fabric balls.  

I love them.  I love them as gifts.  I love them to throw around inside the house.

I had made a few of them already as baby gifts when Little Miss M ever so sweetly asked for one.  How can I deny my own?  And so I made a small fabric ball for Little Miss M, minus the tags and bells.  



It's actually one of my favourite fabric combinations so far - orange, pink and distressed denim.  And it's a great toy to practice "catch" with!

I'm not sure how many other parents can appreciate having a soft ball to play with inside the house - to practice catching and throwing with - especially when there is a baby underfoot that is shuffling around in the same play area.

How old do you think is "too old" to receive a fabric ball as a present?

As it was, still on a fabric ball crusade, I started looking for instructions on how to make a fabric soccer/football ball.  I figured that it would look grown up enough for an older kid...

I found these instructions...  And I made this ball!!



And it was a lot of fun making it.

And it was a lot of fun throwing it back and forth to my Dear Husband while we conversed about our day.  I seriously think that every household should have a fabric ball in the house that won't hurt anyone if it was thrown around inside.

My apologies in advance - if you are due to receive a present from me, it will probably be in the form of a ball.

Yep - even a Thank You gift can be converted to a fabric ball.  This one shows photos of moments that the newly wedded couple would have missed during their wedding.

Give it a go and make one for yourself and have fun throwing it around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment