Skip to main content

Origami anyone?

Hey there!!!  Long time; no see.  And I've finally figured out why!!  I think it's because I haven't been taking photos.  I've been a bit discouraged with my photographs every since we got a new lens.  I'm not blaming my equipment (:)), but it's taking me a while to get used to it.

So, I've got to lug my beloved camera around and just practise practise practise.

Anyways, here's what I have been up to... Fabric Origami Boxes.  I bet you would not have put fabric and origami together, eh?  Eh?  Eh?  But yes, they can and I did and it worked.  It worked wonderfully.

Here's my latest project... with me going back to my card making as well which is a bonus...  Blank cards (with matching envelopes) inside fabric boxes.





This was a present for a friend of my Dear Husband whom I knew would appreciate it.  And she did.  And the funny thing (well, to me anyway), was that I gave the present with no card.  I HATE writing in greeting cards, therefore I HATE giving cards, therefore I almost always never give a card with my presents.  But I do enjoy making them cards...

The book I used for the fabric boxes was this.  But once you know how to turn your plain ole fabric into origami-able (not an acceptable word in Words with Friends, but it should be, don't you think?  But I digress.. where was I?  Oh yes...) once you know how to turn your plain ole fabric into origami-able fabric, then the world wide web is your oyster.  Or however that saying goes.

What else has been happening at chez moi?

A bit of baking...


A spot of mothering... (hello Ms A!)

And watching my littlies growing up...  here's Little Miss M and Ms A keeping each other company.


Eh - she's multitasking... sleeping and keeping her big sis company!


And keeping Baby Mac out of mischief... although in this instance, it was cleaning up after a spot of mischief...


*sigh*  I didn't really need that whole tub of vaseline anyway *sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

"Finding much life and beauty among the ordinary things of our day"... 10 photos over 10 hours - a snapshot of the beauty in my sometimes-ordinary-sometimes-hectic- sometimes-overwhelming-sometimes-good-sometimes-bad-but-always-filled-with-love life.  Thanks for dropping by! Good Morning, mama! Strong hands; precious cargo Got to love me a well-organised, rubbish-free art box! Good nap, lil' sis?  Wanna come out to play? Let's get ready for lunch Inspired to bake something yet, mama? Sleep, my little one.  Rest well and get better soon. A little Iced Coffee, sweetened with life's elixir - sweetened condensed milk - to get me through the rest of the day New skills and new discoveries An organized toy bucket - be still my anal obsessive heart For a glimpse of beautiful lives across the world (thanks to digital cameras and that wonderful sharing community that is "bloggers"), please head on over to Rebe

Monkey See; Monkey Do

I was just monkeying around the kitchen... I had some dough leftover from baking dinner rolls and cinnamon buns (yeah - it was alot of dough!) and I had seen this idea from the Pioneer Woman previously.  Cinnamon, butter, sugar and a dash of sweetened condensed milk - yes please!!!  Ok, so maybe, just maybe, I accidentally on purpose put some dough aside just so I could indulge in this .... well, indulgence. And what an indulgence - worse still, an easy indulgence as I already had the dough.  Caramelised cinnamon sugar with a bit of bread covered with sweetened condensed milk.  I don't think I really need to say more. And, in honour of Father's Day, we had special "WE heart DADDY" pancakes... ok ok - I ran out of time, energy and ideas this year.  (Note to self - try harder next year!) Don't mock the banana - at $12.99/kg this is a real treat.  Unfortunately Daddy was too slow and Little Miss M took it and ate it.  It might be Father's Da

Show some empathy

I'm a real killjoy when it comes to the Royal Melbourne Show.  It's just not my cup of tea.  I'm thinking it's been a couple of decades (nothing makes you feel older than this word, eh?), yep DECADES I'm sure, since I've been to the show.  It's expensive and there's nowhere to sit in the shade and it's expensive and it smells and it's pretty expensive (have I already said that?) especially when the only thing I want to do there is ride on the dodgem cars.   So, I'm the last person you would want with you at the show.  I am an RMS scrooge. Well, this year Little Miss M is heading off to the show with her dad and her grandma.  "Would you like to go to the show this year, love?" asks Dear Husband as he is purchasing the tickets online. "No thanks" I reply without missing a beat.  And then I start muttering to myself about how expensive it is, and how I really don't like the show, and how they probably