Saturday, November 27, 2010

Once Bitten; Twice Shy

It's not that I haven't admitted to it; it's just that I'm not enjoying my reaction so far to it.

I suspected at 3 weeks; had a dating scan at 6 weeks and am now nearly 10 weeks pregnant.  Yeah!

Now... If only I could stop the feelings of apprehension.  If only I could stop the dreams.  If only I could stop checking for bleeding every hour.  If only I could get past the fear and accept that this uncomfortable feeling in my stomach is just pregnancy nerves, bloating and constipation.  If only I could let myself enjoy this time of my life.

Is it a matter of letting go of the past?  Or is it a matter of embracing what has been to fully appreciate what is now?

*sigh* one day at a time.  Looking at old photos helps.  I'll make it to this again, I'm sure ...I think.  



But either way I already have a greater appreciation of how truly blessed I am.  Fear or no fear - that has to be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment