Skip to main content

It's a Wrap

As in a Winter Wrap Up – thanks to MyLittle Pony.

I am currently obsessed with the Frozen soundtrack and My Little Pony soundtrack.  The songs from My Little Pony, the creation of which is headed up by Danial Ingram are so good; so appealing; and dare I say sophisticated enough to be enjoyed by appreciative adults.  Just call me a Brony!

Seriously, give it a go.  You might be pleasantly surprised. 

Anyways, there’s this song about a Winter Wrap Up.  Winter Wrap Up, Winter Wrap Up – cos tomorrow Spring is here.  So we’re doing a Winter Wrap Up Par-tay!

Any excuse to get the cousins together and the adults joining in, really.

And so, with some Winter decorations, and an extensive menu, we celebrated the coming of Spring.



And part of the menu was this scrumptious Blueberry Custard Pie.

For some reason, we don’t seem to have a lot of pie down in these parts.  Café offerings seem to trend towards cupcakes, cakes, cheesecakes and more cakes.  Not much by way of tarts and pies, from what I could see.

And I don’t understand why not!!!!

A homemade bitey buttery base… a hot creamy, custardy, blueberry-y filling… and a crunchy streusel/crumble topping.  All topped off with a scoop of ice-cold vanilla ice-cream.  Oh yeah, baby!


This one is a keeper…


And check out my homemade pie base - not too shabby, eh?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

"Finding much life and beauty among the ordinary things of our day"... 10 photos over 10 hours - a snapshot of the beauty in my sometimes-ordinary-sometimes-hectic- sometimes-overwhelming-sometimes-good-sometimes-bad-but-always-filled-with-love life.  Thanks for dropping by! Good Morning, mama! Strong hands; precious cargo Got to love me a well-organised, rubbish-free art box! Good nap, lil' sis?  Wanna come out to play? Let's get ready for lunch Inspired to bake something yet, mama? Sleep, my little one.  Rest well and get better soon. A little Iced Coffee, sweetened with life's elixir - sweetened condensed milk - to get me through the rest of the day New skills and new discoveries An organized toy bucket - be still my anal obsessive heart For a glimpse of beautiful lives across the world (thanks to digital cameras and that wonderful sharing community that is "bloggers"), please head on over to Rebe...

Monkey See; Monkey Do

I was just monkeying around the kitchen... I had some dough leftover from baking dinner rolls and cinnamon buns (yeah - it was alot of dough!) and I had seen this idea from the Pioneer Woman previously.  Cinnamon, butter, sugar and a dash of sweetened condensed milk - yes please!!!  Ok, so maybe, just maybe, I accidentally on purpose put some dough aside just so I could indulge in this .... well, indulgence. And what an indulgence - worse still, an easy indulgence as I already had the dough.  Caramelised cinnamon sugar with a bit of bread covered with sweetened condensed milk.  I don't think I really need to say more. And, in honour of Father's Day, we had special "WE heart DADDY" pancakes... ok ok - I ran out of time, energy and ideas this year.  (Note to self - try harder next year!) Don't mock the banana - at $12.99/kg this is a real treat.  Unfortunately Daddy was too slow and Little Miss M took it and ate it.  It might be Fat...

My wardrobe - Limited, Capsuled, Altered, and Zyla'd

My wardrobe A while ago, I had simplified my wardrobe.   Jeans, t-shirts, runners.   Yep – simplified. And, as “young” mum, I was happy with this.   “Young Mum” in her thirties, huh?   So, let’s explain something first.   For most of my thirties, I think I’ve been stuck in my twenties.   Both in my mind and in how I look.   What do I mean by this, really?   Well, we all know how most twenty-year-olds dress.   Body confidence is high (or ignorant!).   Happy to be sloppy like a uni student; happy to dress up in a little black dress to party on; happy to don a sexy suit and glasses and face the corporate world.   No problems over here.   Except my body is no longer as pert as it was in twenties.   Imagine that – carrying three babies to full term apparently does that do you! Also, this twenty year old used to think that life was one big role play.   Throw on my corporate suit – and bam – I’m the corporat...