Skip to main content

But wait! There's more...

As if having another baby in the family is not enough, we actually thought it felt like the right time to do this...




Yes - it was a quick and painless process to buy, but now we're having to deal with small improvements before moving in.  So, we are simplifying and decluttering.  This makes moving so much easier and it's needed because we're moving into a place smaller than what we are living in now!

As part of the simplifying process (and because I'm, you know, that a-retentive kinda gal), I'm trialling a new filing paper system.  I hoard paper so I feel I need to get a system down otherwise I drown in paper.  As it is, I can't find my marriage certificate or the birth certificates of my 2 eldest, but I can find the last 3 months worth of grocery receipts!!!  If the system works then I can invest in nice containers and possibly holes in the walls in the new place.



Don't worry - this kind of craziness only happens when you're awake and bleary-eyed at 2 in the morning suffering from sleep deprivation.

On another note... before Ms A came along, I was fortunate enough to have snagged a place in this workshop.  I have raved on about Nicole Mallalieu before and I will again.  Not only are her classes extremely informative and productive and inspiring, but they are so relaxed and fun and, for me, a treasured time to have a day of just sewing.

I was not able to finish this bag in the class, but I did eventually get around to it after Ms A was born.  And so here is another UFO-turned-FO.  This was another exercise of sewing for the love of sewing (and practising zipper insertions - 4 zips in total!) and has since found a home with my big sis.





The large tote bag pattern is a "beginners bag pattern" but that's more about the sewing ability and not about the finished product.  There are so many hints and tips in the pattern instructions, and taking the class is icing on the cake with more hints and tips for crisp finishes.  I'm pretty proud of this one and would venture to say that this is a handmade product, not just a homemade one.

Now I'm off to squeeze some more time in front of the sewing machine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 on 10

"Finding much life and beauty among the ordinary things of our day"... 10 photos over 10 hours - a snapshot of the beauty in my sometimes-ordinary-sometimes-hectic- sometimes-overwhelming-sometimes-good-sometimes-bad-but-always-filled-with-love life.  Thanks for dropping by! Good Morning, mama! Strong hands; precious cargo Got to love me a well-organised, rubbish-free art box! Good nap, lil' sis?  Wanna come out to play? Let's get ready for lunch Inspired to bake something yet, mama? Sleep, my little one.  Rest well and get better soon. A little Iced Coffee, sweetened with life's elixir - sweetened condensed milk - to get me through the rest of the day New skills and new discoveries An organized toy bucket - be still my anal obsessive heart For a glimpse of beautiful lives across the world (thanks to digital cameras and that wonderful sharing community that is "bloggers"), please head on over to Rebe...

Monkey See; Monkey Do

I was just monkeying around the kitchen... I had some dough leftover from baking dinner rolls and cinnamon buns (yeah - it was alot of dough!) and I had seen this idea from the Pioneer Woman previously.  Cinnamon, butter, sugar and a dash of sweetened condensed milk - yes please!!!  Ok, so maybe, just maybe, I accidentally on purpose put some dough aside just so I could indulge in this .... well, indulgence. And what an indulgence - worse still, an easy indulgence as I already had the dough.  Caramelised cinnamon sugar with a bit of bread covered with sweetened condensed milk.  I don't think I really need to say more. And, in honour of Father's Day, we had special "WE heart DADDY" pancakes... ok ok - I ran out of time, energy and ideas this year.  (Note to self - try harder next year!) Don't mock the banana - at $12.99/kg this is a real treat.  Unfortunately Daddy was too slow and Little Miss M took it and ate it.  It might be Fat...

Tuesday's Treat : Shanghai Street Dumpling House

Shanghai Street Dumpling House 342 Little Bourke St Upon the recommendation of jetsettingjoyce , I decided to treat myself to some dumplings for lunch one day.   The day was stinking hot, the location was a not-so-short-walk-but-too-short-for-a-tram away, but I was determined.   And my determination and brief walk paid off.    Seated alone by the window bar, I ordered the mini fried buns and boiled pork dumplings.   The view was essential Melbourne with old buildings towered by new (ish, anyway), and small non-descript laneways hiding a treasure trove of glorious food and eclectic shops.   Shanghai Street Dumpling House is a small diner-like eatery like many other Asian eateries around Melbourne.  Limited seating is available, but the turn around of customers was quick from what I could observe, so the wait did not seem long for a table.  Service is fast and efficient.  Cash only.  Really – a no fuss place.  The...